Sprouting Kit Instructions
Directions are for one-quart sprouting jar. For ½ gallon jars double the amount of seeds. Clean and sanitize jar before use.
- Purchase seeds/grains/legumes, and discard any split or damaged ones.
- Pour desired amounts of seeds into sprouting jar and add water to cover the seeds.
– Usually 2T of seeds or ½ cup of legumes/grains with 3 times as
much water as seeds.
- Soak overnight (24 hours). Smaller seeds only need about 5 hours of soaking.
- Drain the water from the sprouting jar. Then rinse seeds in clean, room temp water and drain again.
- Lay sprouting jar with seeds in it at an angle to allow continual drainage. Keep in a warm dark place (not in direct sunlight).
- Repeat the rinsing and draining process twice a day. We recommend once in the morning and once in the evening.
– During hotter weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three
times a day. Essentially, rinse if they look dry.
- Make sure to completely drain seeds. Over-watering can cause failure to sprout. Typically takes 3-5 days to reach optimal sprout length.
~ Sprouting time varies based on seed type. Check packaging or reference the table.
Tips: 1) Adding a teaspoon of citric acid to the water will help hinder spoilage. 2) Don’t rapidly flip the jar to drain the water, this damages the seeds/shoots.