- Dairy & Alternatives
- Pantry & Baking
- Personal Care
iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit
Out of stock
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
ALTERNATE AVAILABLE: COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
The simplest and fastest way to detect SARS-CoV-2 positivity is the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test which gives super fast results in just 15 minutes. It detects presence of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen which can be collected non-invasively, without causing any discomfort. It only takes 4 steps and 15 minutes to complete the test! This Covid Rapid Test kit is a perfect fit for keeping your health in check on a regular basis as it fits your time and budget quite efficiently.
What does the iHealth COVID-19 Test Kit Include?
- 2 COVID-19 Test Cards
- 2 Nasal Swabs
- 2 Tubes
- User manual for the Covid Test Kit
At-Home Covid Test Kit for ages 2 and above
Self-administered testing is only recommended for individuals aged 15 years and older. Adult-collection is required for testing children under 2-14 years of age.
COVID-19 Test Kit that detects current and new variants
iHealth has completed testing on several heat inactivated variant strains and the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test was able to detect the mutations
How to test myself with the iHealth At-Home Covid Test Kit?
In order to perform self-administered testing for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test, you will need to follow the below steps with full precaution –
Preparing Materials for Self-Administered COVID-19 Testing
Open the package, take out the COVID-19 Test Card in Pouch, the Tube filled with the extraction buffer and the Swab. When you are ready to proceed with the test, open the foil pouch of the COVID-19 Test Card.
Collecting Non-Invasive Sample for Rapid Antigen Covid Testing
- Remove the swab from its package, being careful not to touch the tip of the swab. Please keep the swab package for later use.
- Gently insert the entire absorbent tip of the swab (usually 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) into your nostril.
Note: With children, the maximum depth of insertion into the nostril may be less than ¾ of an inch, and you may need to have a second person to hold the child’s head while swabbing.
- Firmly and slowly brush against insides of nostril in a circular motion against the nasal wall at least 5 times. Using the same swab, repeat the same sample collection procedure for the other nostril. Take at least 15 seconds to collect the specimen and be sure to collect any nasal drainage on the swab. Be sure to brush BOTH nostrils with the SAME SWAB.
Processing the COVID-19 Sample At Home
- Tap the tube vertically on the table and twist the large orange cap to open the tube.
- Insert the swab into the tube, touch the bottom of the tube with the swab tip, and stir at least 15 times.
- Squeeze the sides of the tube to express as much liquid as possible from the swab, and then remove the swab.
Note: If you don’t squeeze the swab, there may not be sufficient sample material to perform the test properly (i.e., potentially resulting in a false negative.
- Screw back the large orange cap, put the swab back into the package. Safely dispose of the swab and the package.
- Twist to open the small white cap of the tube. Add 3 drops of sample to the Sample Port of the COVID-19 Test Card. Screw back the small white cap.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes for the results to appear. You can use a timer for further convenience.
How to Read COVID Test Results from the iHealth COVID-19 Test Strip?
Results should not be read after 30 minutes. A false negative or false positive result may occur if the test result is read before 15 minutes or after 30 minutes.
Positive COVID-19 Test Result
A POSITIVE result must show BOTH a C line and a T line. A positive result means that viral antigens from COVID-19 were detected and the individual is positive for COVID-19. Below are photos of actual positive tests. Please note that the T line may be faint.
Persons who test positive should self-isolate and seek follow up care with their physician or healthcare provider as additional testing and public health reporting may be necessary.
Negative COVID Test Result
A NEGATIVE result will show ONLY a C line. A negative result means that viral antigens from COVID-19 were not detected and that the individual is presumed negative forCOVID-19.
Invalid Results of At-Home Antigen COVID Test
If there is NO LINE, or if there is ONLY a T line, the test is INVALID. Invalid result means that the test did not function correctly. You will need to retest with a new test kit. If upon retesting, the test result is still invalid, contact your doctor or local COVID-19 center. An invalid result does not indicate if the individual did or did not have COVID-19 and should be repeated.
Disposing the Test Kit & Reporting Results
- Once test is completed, dispose of the kit components in trash and make sure to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Report the results following in-app instructions or share them with your healthcare provider.
Why use the iHealth COVID-19 Test App?
- Easy Results Management – Each individual added to the group can test themselves at home and upload their results confidentially to the group manager within a selected timeframe.
- iHealth Pass – Test results, once entered in the app, generate an iHealth Pass that can be used as digital proof of negative results for private events.
- Vaccine Proof – The iHealth App allows you to store your vaccine record in the app for easy access.
iHealth COVID19 Antigen Test Kit FAQs
Will the iHealth COVID Test Kit detect other COVID-19 variants?
iHealth has completed testing on several heat inactivated variant strains and the iHealth® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test was able to detect the mutations. The clinical performance has not been established in all circulating variants but is anticipated to be reflective of the prevalent variants in circulation at the time and location of the clinical evaluation. Performance at the time of testing may vary depending on the variants circulating, including newly emerging strains of SARS-CoV-2 and their prevalence, which change over time.
Do I always need to perform two tests?
If you have COVID-19 symptoms and are within the first 7 days of symptom onset, you can use one single test of the iHealth® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test. You may also choose to perform two tests if you wish. By testing more frequently, you may detect COVID-19 more quickly and reduce spread of infection.
If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms or have been having symptoms for more than 7 days, you will need to perform two tests over two or three days with at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
Can the At-Home COVID Test be used as proof of a negative COVID – 19 tests for travel?
No. Currently, the iHealth® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test cannot be accepted as proof of a negative COVID-19 test for travel.
Is a prescription required to perform the iHealth Rapid Covid Test?
No, you do not need a doctor’s prescription to purchase and perform this test.
How accurate is the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test?
Based on the results of a clinical study where the iHealth® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test was compared to an FDA authorized molecular SARS-CoV-2 test, iHealth® COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test correctly identified 94.3% of positive specimens and 98.1% of negative specimens.
Additional asymptomatic individuals and individuals beyond the seven days of symptom onset were tested, but excluded from the primary performance calculations because they were not included in the intended use. A higher proportion of low positive specimens were observed in these populations, resulting in PPAs between of 85-88% in these individuals.
How far do I need to insert the Nasal Swab for collecting non-invasive sample?
Gently insert the entire absorbent tip of the swab (usually 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) into your nostril.
With children, the maximum depth of insertion into the nostril may be less than ¾ of an inch, and you may need to have a second person to hold the child’s head while swabbing.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Questions and answers of the customers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Got something to discuss?
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Regular Shipping$13.99Add to cart
Methylsulphonylmethane Joint Sulfur for Connective Tissue* Supports Healthy Cartilage* MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a sulfur-bearing compound that is naturally present in very small amounts in fruits, vegetables, grains, animal products, and some algae. Sulfur compounds are found in all body cells and are indispensable for life.* MSM, in its role in the body’s sulfur cycle, helps …
Sambucus Gummies 60 ct.$21.59Add to cart
Made with Black elderberry extract standardized to BioActives® (flavonoids), vitamin C, and zinc – and they taste great too! About Black Elderberry For centuries, the dark berries of the European black elder have been traditionally used as a winter remedy for immune support.* More recently, a growing collection of research has found that the active …